Is my goat pregnant?

She's still not bagging up, I spoke with the seller and if she's still showing no signs of pregnancy by mid July she will be taking the goat back and I will be getting my money back.
But she is so pretty who wouldn't want her I hope she starts to show signs

Here she is today. Belly is sticking out on right side, but still not bagging up.

Attachments

• IMG_20210628_102636929.jpg
    IMG_20210628_102636929.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 19
I know. I really like her but I paid for a pregnant goat. I'm trying not to get attached to her but it's hard lol.
I know. I have kept more than one unproductive pasture ornament in my life. Never mind the belly. What is the upper rear udder doing?

I see and feel no change. She is getting better with me feeling around down there now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210628_102539850.jpg
    IMG_20210628_102539850.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 18
I'm glad the seller is willing to take her back and refund your money. I think if she isn't pregnant, there's a reason and it's probably not something you want to deal with.

Sorry you have to go through this though. My herd started as a doe in milk and two unrelated doelings. At just 6 years old, the doe should have had at least a few more years of breeding left in her. Unfortunately, after trying with many different bucks she never got pregnant again. I'm fairly certain she had trouble getting pregnant that last time or there was some issue and the the seller decided to get rid of her.

I'm glad the seller is willing to take her back and refund your money. I think if she isn't pregnant, there's a reason and it's probably not something you want to deal with.

Sorry you have to go through this though. My herd started as a doe in milk and two unrelated doelings. At just 6 years old, the doe should have had at least a few more years of breeding left in her. Unfortunately, after trying with many different bucks she never got pregnant again. I'm fairly certain she had trouble getting pregnant that last time or there was some issue and the the seller decided to get rid of her.
I'm wondering if she's not pregnant if she could even get pregnant. The seller told me she was 3 years old and they had her for 2 years and she had kidded one time with them and it was triplets.

Back
Top Bottom