Is my goat pregnant?

Certainly do ask for a refund (at least partial) if she does not have kids, or return her, but I would wait a bit longer first. It's only been two days, and she was supposed to be due "any day." It would be frustrating to return her and then have her deliver babies right after that!
Thanks, I asked the same question on a goat site and at first everyone said pregnant and then I had a few that said no. I guess it's just a wait and see thing now. I know I have only had her for 2 days but I can't see me taking her back now lol. I have really come to like her alot in 2 days.

Certainly do ask for a refund (at least partial) if she does not have kids, or return her, but I would wait a bit longer first. It's only been two days, and she was supposed to be due "any day." It would be frustrating to return her and then have her deliver babies right after that!
She is a pretty doe. I am curious though about why the owners insisted she was pregnant and that she was due any day. If she is showing any signs of pregnancy, any signs at all, they sure are not apparent from the pictures. Sorry.

That said, I did once have a doe, a Nubian, that exhibited no signs of pregnancy, none, but nevertheless delivered a single buck kid. She was a very old doe. In this case her udder did not fill at all before she kidded. It didn't fill afterwards either but as I said, she was a very old doe.

She is a pretty doe. I am curious though about why the owners insisted she was pregnant and that she was due any day. If she is showing any signs of pregnancy, any signs at all, they sure are not apparent from the pictures. Sorry.

That said, I did once have a doe, a Nubian, that exhibited no signs of pregnancy, none, but nevertheless delivered a single buck kid. She was a very old doe. In this case her udder did not fill at all before she kidded. It didn't fill afterwards either but as I said, she was a very old doe.
They have had her for 3 years so I'm just took their word on it. I was told about two weeks before I got her that she should kid in about 3 weeks to a mouth.
The night I picked her up they said any day now. They even told me she was bagging up. The next morning when I got a good look at her I told my husband i don't think she pregnant or as far as they said she was. I have no idea what her udder looked like before I got her or why they think she is bagging.

None of my goats over the years ever looked that trim when ready to kid. The older they are, the more their sides tend to really bulge in the later days. Google "pregnant goats" and you'll see what I mean by "bulge!" Also, her udder is flaccid and not filling. If she's hiding one in there though, the impending signs of birth are the kids "drop," making her sides a bit hollow, ligaments on either side of the tail soften making hollows on either side of the tail, restlessness or intense inward concentration, bagging up, and a noticeable string of viscous discharge.

Attachments

• notpregnant.jpg
    notpregnant.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 22
  • pam-19.jpg
    pam-19.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 25
Thanks. I have looked at so many pi
None of my goats over the years ever looked that trim when ready to kid. The older they are, the more their sides tend to really bulge in the later days. Google "pregnant goats" and you'll see what I mean by "bulge!" Also, her udder is flaccid and not filling. If she's hiding one in there though, the impending signs of birth are the kids "drop," making her sides a bit hollow, ligaments on either side of the tail soften making hollows on either side of the tail, restlessness or intense inward concentration, bagging up, and a noticeable string of viscous discharge.
Thanks. I have looked at so many pictures and read so much different stuff I can't keep it all straight lol. I read that different breeds carry different, the smaller the goat they more you can tell, and I have read that some don't bag up til days before or even after kidding. I'm just really new to this and I'm glad to have people here to help. Thanks again

If she’s a Nubian you’ll be able to tell the difference once she begins to bag up. Do you have a picture of her udder?

So they didn’t tell you around what date she was possibly bred? I got tired of having to guess due dates so now I write everything down 😂 plus I no longer leaves bucks with the girls 24/7. Easier to narrow down due dates.

Edited to add: her teets look like they’re filling up but I can’t see her whole bag. I’ve only had my Nubian for a few months and I let her dry up 🤦‍♀️ and her teets look super saggy and empty compared to yours. So hopefully yours is bagging up 🤞 🤞

Thanks. I have looked at so many pi
Thanks. I have looked at so many pictures and read so much different stuff I can't keep it all straight lol. I read that different breeds carry different, the smaller the goat they more you can tell and I have read that some don't bag up til days before or even after kidding. I'm just really new to this and I'm glad to have people here to help.
If she’s a Nubian you’ll be able to tell the difference once she begins to bag up. Do you have a picture of her udder?

So they didn’t tell you around what date she was possibly bred? I got tired of having to guess due dates so now I write everything down 😂 plus I no longer leaves bucks with the girls 24/7. Easier to narrow down due dates.

Edited to add: her teets look like they’re filling up but I can’t see her whole bag. I’ve only had my Nubian for a few months and I let her dry up 🤦‍♀️ and her teets look super saggy and empty compared to yours. So hopefully yours is bagging up 🤞 🤞
This was Thursday morning, I got her Wednesday night. I will try to get a new one day. The pictures I post yesterday was yesterday morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_114919534.jpg
    IMG_20210610_114919534.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 25
Oh and they didn't say when. All the goat there run together. She said she didn't keep up with it this year. I was told she's bred to a Nubian but I have one of her last kids and it's a mini Nubian. I seen Nigerian dwarfs with her when I got her. Here's her last kid. She had triplets

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_154955196_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210417_154955196_HDR.jpg
    958.5 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom