Is my goat pregnant?

Thanks. I have looked at so many pi
Thanks. I have looked at so many pictures and read so much different stuff I can't keep it all straight lol. I read that different breeds carry different, the smaller the goat they more you can tell and I have read that some don't bag up til days before or even after kidding. I'm just really new to this and I'm glad to have people here to help.
This was Thursday morning, I got her Wednesday night. I will try to get a new one day. The pictures I post yesterday was yesterday morning.
She still looks a bit on the dry side. But if you keep an eye on her bag that will tell you if she is pregnant and if she’s getting ready to drop her babies.

I barely got into Nubians so I won’t be much help. But with my Nigerian Dwarf goats I knew two were pregnant and I thought they were going to give birth any day and they didn’t for 3 months! So I was clearly way off on when they were bred. One bagged up a whole month before giving birth too.

It isn't so much the size of her abdomen or the fact that her udder hasn't filled that makes me think she isn't pregnant. A doe with a single kid may not expand much and I have seen them drop an udder overnight. It is the lack of development high on the rear udder where it joins the body. There should be some filling there and there just doesn't seem to be any.

It isn't so much the size of her abdomen or the fact that her udder hasn't filled that makes me think she isn't pregnant. A doe with a single kid may not expand much and I have seen them drop an udder overnight. It is the lack of development high on the rear udder where it joins the body. There should be some filling there and there just doesn't seem to be any.
Thanks. I'm just going to watch her and see what happens. I will update in a few days with new pictures of her udder.

Do you have a breeding date on this goat? Also, when was she dried up after she last kidded? Meaning how long has she been dry? If this goat doesn't kid by the end of the month ask for some sort of an adjustment. You bought a goat that was supposed to be pregnant and in all probability she isn't.

I have no date on breeding, all their goats run together year round. I didn't even ask about how long she was dry for, I'm new to all this lol. I noticed that egg white looking discharge again this morning and now after researching I wonder if she's in heat. I have another buck so I may put them together this afternoon just to see if she is. I read that Nubians heat cycle is in the fall. Could she have a heat cycle now?

I have no date on breeding, all their goats run together year round. I didn't even ask about how long she was dry for, I'm new to all this lol. I noticed that egg white looking discharge again this morning and now after researching I wonder if she's in heat. I have another buck so I may put them together this afternoon just to see if she is. I read that Nubians heat cycle is in the fall. Could she have a heat cycle now?
Goats do not read the books. The breeding season for most dairy goats is from about September through February. I have gotten a few goats bred in August and some in March. However, some Nubians will breed out of season. I had a neighbor who routinely got her Nubians bred in the summer. I was never that lucky. If I were you, I would put her with the buck. If you want to be sure when she gets bred, put her with the buck and watch to see what happens. If nothing does, take her out and try her the next day. If she clamps her tail and runs, she isn't interested. If she wags her tail, she is. Keep doing that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I am confused as to why the sellers insisted that this doe was due imminently considering the fact that she has zero signs of pregnancy and they do not even have a breeding date on her. In my humble opinion either they are woefully ignorant or they are scam artists or maybe both. I am very sorry about this whole situation. She is a pretty doe though.

Goats do not read the books. The breeding season for most dairy goats is from about September through February. I have gotten a few goats bred in August and some in March. However, some Nubians will breed out of season. I had a neighbor who routinely got her Nubians bred in the summer. I was never that lucky. If I were you, I would put her with the buck. If you want to be sure when she gets bred, put her with the buck and watch to see what happens. If nothing does, take her out and try her the next day. If she clamps her tail and runs, she isn't interested. If she wags her tail, she is. Keep doing that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I am confused as to why the sellers insisted that this doe was due imminently considering the fact that she has zero signs of pregnancy and they do not even have a breeding date on her. In my humble opinion either they are woefully ignorant or they are scam artists or maybe both. I am very sorry about this whole situation. She is a pretty doe though.
Thanks. I just figured they knew there goat and took them at their word. I know better now. She has a little 2 month old buckling with her now. He keeps trying to smell her but she's not having it. I'm going to see how she asks with a old buck this afternoon. They told me she was a great milker and didn't mind being touched at all, but every time I try to touch her teats she going in to fight mode. She will kick and run around the pen and headbutt me every time. I can touch her anywhere but there.

Here's a shot of her today

Attachments

• IMG_20210614_114558061.jpg
    IMG_20210614_114558061.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 19
Thanks. I just figured they knew there goat and took them at their word. I know better now. She has a little 2 month old buckling with her now. He keeps trying to smell her but she's not having it. I'm going to see how she asks with a old buck this afternoon. They told me she was a great milker and didn't mind being touched at all, but every time I try to touch her teats she going in to fight mode. She will kick and run around the pen and headbutt me every time. I can touch her anywhere but there.

Here's a shot of her today
Goats generally do not want their udders fooled with if they are dry but none of my goats, with one exception, ever head butted me. They wouldn't dare. The exception was a not-too-bright buckling and he never did it again. Do not allow her to head butt you under any circumstances. This behavior cannot be tolerated.

Goats generally do not want their udders fooled with if they are dry but none of my goats, with one exception, ever head butted me. They wouldn't dare. The exception was a not-too-bright buckling and he never did it again. Do not allow her to head butt you under any circumstances. This behavior cannot be tolerated.
How do I stop her?

Back
Top Bottom