Is my goat pregnant?

Pics
Calling the vet today. But here's a few pictures. I still see nothing. I still don't know why the seller told us she was starting to bag up...
She even told my husband that she was starting to bag up when we told her we don't believe she pregnant.

Attachments

• IMG_20210623_071059023.jpg
    IMG_20210623_071059023.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210623_071048486.jpg
    IMG_20210623_071048486.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 15
Calling the vet today. But here's a few pictures. I still see nothing. I still don't know why the seller told us she was starting to bag up...
She even told my husband that she was starting to bag up when we told her we don't believe she pregnant.
I don't have a goat or any experience but I do watch YouTube videos so as far as I know she is not pregnant or not far along

Ok talked to the vet today. It would cost me $150.00 to have her come to my house. I don't what to pay that much for a ultrasound right now. So she said if I really want to know I could do a blood test or I could buy a pee test online. Anyone here know anything about the pee test?

Ok talked to the vet today. It would cost me $150.00 to have her come to my house. I don't what to pay that much for a ultrasound right now. So she said if I really want to know I could do a blood test or I could buy a pee test online. Anyone here know anything about the pee test?
This is getting into the area of more trouble than it is worth. You can keep pouring money into this goat but I don't know what you would get in return. You could easily end up paying more for diagnostics than another goat would cost. No matter what the breeder says, this goat isn't pregnant. What concerns me more than anything me is WHY she isn't pregnant. The breeder told you the doe was penned with the buck. In that case if she could have conceived she would have. In my humble opinion it appears there is some sort of a fertility issue and as I said, it would cost more to find out what the problem is and fix it (assuming it is fixable) than a healthy goat would cost. It might be time to cut your losses, see if you can get a refund, and start over. Personally, I think this goat is a lost cause any way you look at it. I am sorry.

This is getting into the area of more trouble than it is worth. You can keep pouring money into this goat but I don't know what you would get in return. You could easily end up paying more for diagnostics than another goat would cost. No matter what the breeder says, this goat isn't pregnant.

The pee test that someone linked to didn't look terribly expensive.

Do we know how accurate such a test is? Because if it can settle the question, then OP and the seller of the goat could come to a resolution based on actually knowing, rather than trying to sort out "people on the internet say" and "but I know about this particular goat."

She clearly isn't bagging up so I'm not sure what the previous owner was seeing.

Something to consider is that the doe may have been pregnant but had a miscarriage. The concern would be why. If she lost the pregnancy because of an infection, chances are she still has it. The discharge could be a symptom of that. Her irritable behavior could also be a sign she isn't feeling well. If it is an infection, she may never be able to breed again.

If you don't want to/can't have the vet exam her, I'd go with the urine test. If it's negative I'd demand a refund from the previous owner and try to get her to take the doe back.

So how is she now

Back
Top Bottom