Is my guppie "Guapo" a pregnant "Guapa"?

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
A guppie that I got at a local petco was supposed to be a male, but it looks like a pregnant female. The store said it was supposed to be a male, but his belly is twice the size of the other male guppy that I purchased. He is swimming normally and eat normally. I have a photo uploaded But I'm using my phone might take me a while to figure out how to get it on. I think im pregnant and I think I know what to do if he or she is. We just got him earlier today but we looked up photos of pregnant guppies and he fits the photos. Please tell me is my Guapo is a Guapa!

Here's the picture:

55349_2012-01-02_19-26-49_120.jpg

Oh... ok.
tongue.png
Now I feel kinda stupid for getting all excited.
tongue.png

Eta: I found a chart showing guppy genders and Guapwhatever has a black dot above his or hers bottom fin... my family is going berserk trying to figure it out.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Just get a second one 9 times out of ten the females are pregnant and have their babies within 24 hours. Make sure you got plenty hiding spots or they will get eaten. I once hatched a few bettas and only one male made it . But he was almost black, so he looked really cool.

Quote:
The tanks at PETCO are all messed up and their could've been a female mixed in with the males. The tail on Suave (Guapo's guppy buddy) is larger and Guapo's is more small and rounded...

We have that same fish, its the black tuxedo guppy, and yes its a male. the males have a fin protrudision near his picky fin that would show its a male.

Females are much more lighter in color, more rounder in shape and some are blessed with a bit of longer tails than others.

Quote:
The tanks at PETCO are all messed up and their could've been a female mixed in with the males. The tail on Suave (Guapo's guppy buddy) is larger and Guapo's is more small and rounded...

is suave just as colorful or rather plain? Most of the time in the animal world females are plainer and duller in color.

Another way to tell and I'm blind so can't see, is the fin just next to the vent. Long and pointed is male and rounded is female.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom