Is my hen a Mottled Java?

flo_bee

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2021
Hello, first post here. My hen seems to look like a mottled java but I'm not sure.
Here are some facts: She lays light pink (sometimes speckled) eggs. She has big spurs! She's quite dominant/aggressive to the other chickens but she's the only dual-purpose breed we have, so she's bigger than all the others. She has orange eyes. She is a wonderful forager. We've tried to get hens from her but she only seems to lay roosters! She has a tendency to go broody.
Can't think of anything else! Let me know your opinions. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20210713_095354.jpg
    20210713_095354.jpg
    763.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210713_095323.jpg
    20210713_095323.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 23
No, I’ve never had any Javas.

Can you get a picture of the bottom of her feet? Also, egg shape does not determine gender of chicks, if that’s what you mean by “lay roosters”.

No, I’ve never had any Javas.

Can you get a picture of the bottom of her feet? Also, egg shape does not determine gender of chicks, if that’s what you mean by “lay roosters”.
She doesn't take well to handling, but the best I can do is a close-up of her feet.

"Also, egg shape does not determine gender of chicks, if that’s what you mean by “lay roosters”.
Yes sorry, I probably worded that weird. We've hatched about 6 chicks from her, and every single one has been a rooster. But we're about to do round 3!

Attachments

• 20210713_125109.jpg
    20210713_125109.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
She doesn't take well to handling, but the best I can do is a close-up of her feet.

"Also, egg shape does not determine gender of chicks, if that’s what you mean by “lay roosters”.
Yes sorry, I probably worded that weird. We've hatched about 6 chicks from her, and every single one has been a rooster. But we're about to do round 3!
If you can’t get a picture, can you try to determine if the bottom of her feet are yellow or pink/white? A Java would have yellow feet.

Back
Top Bottom