Is my hen an Easter Egger?

I was told this was a black easter egger but not really convinced. What do you think? About 11 weeks old now

Attachments

• 20180717_093508.jpg
    20180717_093508.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180717_093921.jpg
    20180717_093921.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 5
These are "her sisters" from the same hatching

Attachments

• 20180717_093954.jpg
    20180717_093954.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180717_093629.jpg
    20180717_093629.jpg
    686.7 KB · Views: 5
Thats what I was thinking looks different from my other black sex link but would mean I have another hen for my flock. Here's a pic of my black sex link "minnie"

Minnie looks like she has rose comb in her heritage... while the other has single comb. Otherwise, they look the same... the gold neck/breast areas over the black feathers...

Just a correction for future... An Ameraucana rooster is pure for the blue egg gene, which means he carries two blue egg genes. 100% of his daughters will receive a blue egg gene from him. Since blue shell is dominant over white shell, a hen only needs one copy to lay a blue shelled egg. If breed with a white layer, 100% will lay a blue egg. If breed with a brown layer, the majority will lay green but there's also a chance for just blue.

What about the other way? I had a hen that was hatched out of a blue egg, the father was unknown. She looked 100% like an Easter Egger but laid a brown egg. I know that she hatched out of a blue egg so I was very surprised that she laid brown eggs.

What about the other way? I had a hen that was hatched out of a blue egg, the father was unknown. She looked 100% like an Easter Egger but laid a brown egg. I know that she hatched out of a blue egg so I was very surprised that she laid brown eggs.
That means the hen that laid the blue egg had one blue egg gene and one white egg gene. She passed the white egg gene to your hen. Most likely the father carried the genes for brown eggs.

I have 4 "EE's" that lay brown eggs. So I bought some "Pure Ameraucana" chicks. At 13 weeks I can tell they are not good quality and they should be considered blue EE's and not Ameraucana due to one of the five having yellow skin under slate legs (dark green legs). I was looking into showing fairs and Poultry shows in my area, but I guess I'll just be happy if they lay blue eggs (fingers crossed that they arent all boys cause they seem impossible to sex!!)

Back
Top Bottom