Is my mini pigs pregnant??

Apr 22, 2020
Is my mini pig pregnant ? If so how far might she be ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_150757.jpg
    IMG_20200416_150757.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 31
For first time mothers (in pigs) Usually once a pig is bred and far along enough the vulva will start to expand and point more up-right. This is one of the main things i look for when trying to decided whether a pig is bred or not. And it's a good way to indicate how far along the pig is depending on how swollen/loose it is.

I personally think that your pig is pregnant and is pretty far along. Looks like she’s already developing her milk bag, I’d say she’s got about a month or less till she’s ready to pop. I’m assuming this isn’t her first litter?

Last edited:
For first time mothers (in pigs) Usually once a pig is bred and far along enough the vulva will start to expand and point more up-right. This is one of the main things i look for when trying to decided whether a pig is bred or not. And it's a good way to indicate how far along the pig is depending on how swollen/loose it is.

I personally think that you pig is pregnant and is pretty far along. Looks like she’s already developing her milk bag, I’d say she’s got about a month or sooner till she’s ready to pop. I’m assuming this isn’t her first litter?
I’d agree with you.

I raise pigs and know about the first time bred pigs but its not always so obvious unless you know the pigs look before hand.
I'd also say that would apply to its size etc. I can't agree the look would indicate how far along they are until about a week or so out.
IDK ive got pigs and had goats and for myself a good crotch shot pic wouldn't tell me anything unless they were close to birthing and by then there would be enough other signs.
Maybe I just haven't studied my animals lady bits enough.

Back
Top Bottom