Is my new chicken poorly

Boergoatlover

Chirping
Jul 30, 2020
Hello

I acquired some 16 week old Silkie hens today. As jve always had ex batteries I think I’m always panicking about poorly hens. One of the hens when she was eating suddenly did like an S shape with her neck, her head didn’t move at all and it was like the base of her neck was moving. She’s done it a few times but otherwise seems touch wood ok, she has been asleep a bit today with her head under her wing. However we did have a two hour journey home with them climbing and sitting on each other and it’s pretty hot today, so I’m not sure how much could be related to stress. I’m not able to upload the video I got of her doing it. The breeder told me they are vaccinated against mareks when chicks.

I’d also be very grateful for any advice/
Tips on silkies/pure breeds In general.

Many thanks

Hello

I acquired some 16 week old Silkie hens today. As jve always had ex batteries I think I’m always panicking about poorly hens. One of the hens when she was eating suddenly did like an S shape with her neck, her head didn’t move at all and it was like the base of her neck was moving. She’s done it a few times but otherwise seems touch wood ok, she has been asleep a bit today with her head under her wing. However we did have a two hour journey home with them climbing and sitting on each other and it’s pretty hot today, so I’m not sure how much could be related to stress. I’m not able to upload the video I got of her doing it. The breeder told me they are vaccinated against mareks when chicks.

I’d also be very grateful for any advice/
Tips on silkies/pure breeds In general.

Many thanks
Sounds like she was just adjusting the food in her crop.
To upload a video, you have to first upload it to a platform such as youtube or vimeo, then copy and paste the link here.

Back
Top Bottom