Is my Pigeons very sick?

Parkourpeep

In the Brooder
Oct 20, 2015
1. My male oriential frill pigeon has bright green poop, which is slimy and not solid, he also has been vomiting, I feed him cracked corn. He sits with his wings drooping slightly, I have also fed him bird seed at one point but switched back to corn, the other two pigeons have been here for a month and he's been her for 3 months.l
2.My Antwerp make has had crusty mucous outside of his nose and his droppings are solid with the white, but the part that should be brown is greenish, he acts normal but still I fear he is sick. Lastly the female frill has greenish droppings but no mucous.
Please help, thank you.

I don't know about pigeons but yes, they are definitely very sick. Try posting in the emergencies thread too. Pet store might have something to help you, you can try calling to see what they suggest.

A diet of only cracked corn is not healthy for your birds.

Like Laughingdog says... get them on layer pellets... and also a good pigeon or wild bird seed mix, together with pigeon grit (which is essential for them to digest their food).

Add some apple cider vinegar to the water will help with their digestive problems...

BUT you need to take them to a vet to get a proper diagnosis of the disease or sickness... so you know what medication to use to cure them.

Good luck and sorry to hear you birds are sick.

Thank your for this, I will switch it right away an apply some apple vinegar. I'm not sure the vet is an option because there are no exotic vets in the area, and pet smart vets don't do exotics. Also for the bird seed, I found some with seed for doves and pigeons, but I didn't know if it would be good for them because that's when they started getting sick.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom