Is my rooster attacking me?

In a bit of a hijack here, can I say that I find it totally fascinating that if you don't have a roo, the hens all treat you like YOU are the rooster, and if you DO have a roo, HE tries to treat you like a hen. Kinda makes you wonder... well, maybe not, I guess they don't call them bird-brains for nuffin eh?

Quote:
As they say, when all you got's a hammer, everything looks like a nail
smile.png

Pat

Quote:
As they say, when all you got's a hammer, everything looks like a nail
smile.png

Pat

So true! I guess in their minds three types of beings exist - roos, hens and predators. If you aren't one of them, you must be one of the other two.

Last edited:
I hope you are listening..... STAND TALL and PRETEND to be confidant and Pretend you are not afraid..... pretend you are tough and the boss... YOU have to be on the top of the pecking order. Even if this roo does not straighten up and act right.... and he becomes dinner... regardless you have got to learn how to be the top dog.... numero uno.. Alpha ... whatever you want to call it YOU are the boss....

Act the part and before you know it you will have the respect of all the chickens including the roo... or he is outta here....

If you were defending a child from being threatened by that roo you would have no problem kicking him across the coop.... Defend yourself with this much vigor... forget about his claws and beak... pretend to be aggressive everytime he confronts you... or makes you feel uncomfortable in the least...

Quote:
This is making my husband and I laugh, because it happens to him ALL the time with our black Silkie rooster. Hubby's answer is "it means you're about to get drilled". However, this same rooster dearly loves me and actually tries to protect me from the DH.

Back
Top Bottom