Is My Salmon Faverolles a Roo or Just a Strange Color??

Pretty Pullet or Cute Cockerel?

• Total voters
This is Duece the one faverolle mix for the year, his mom was a buff Easter Egger the color combo you mentioned is spot on though. Guy sends me updates on Duece and his faverolle brother Ray since he took them as a set.:)
I think you’d get pullets that were white with sort of faded black hackles kinda like a Delaware. And the beards & muffs would be lighter like an Easter egger. And then the cockerels would be similar but yellowish ..,again I think that’s what you’d get, I’m not an expert

I bet they’d be big goofy sweethearts in any case
IMG951095.jpg
IMG951093.jpg
IMG951092.jpg
IMG951091.jpg

This is the Salmon Faverolles pullet I got from Meyer last fall. Unfortunately, I lost both my SFs to heat this year when temps were over 100 for about two weeks. Two waterers and lots of shade, but I lost them on different days while I was at work. This girl was a hoot - I miss having her around.

IMG_0530 (2)a.jpg

I'm so sorry, it has to be awful when one of these sweet little dorky girls passes.:(
This is the Salmon Faverolles pullet I got from Meyer last fall. Unfortunately, I lost both my SFs to heat this year when temps were over 100 for about two weeks. Two waterers and lots of shade, but I lost them on different days while I was at work. This girl was a hoot - I miss having her around.

View attachment 1508819

She’s such a unique color pattern ( I still really like it) , I wish I new more about the melanotic gene to understand if that is what is going on...

I wonder if @nicalandia would be able to tell us if that gene would express like that on salmon/Wheaton pattern?

What do think nicalandia? What do you think is going on genetically with this dark patterned Faverolle ( sold as a salmon Faverolle)?

Back
Top Bottom