Is my Silkie Chicken Sick?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by silkiefluffbum, Oct 14, 2009.

1. silkiefluffbum

silkiefluffbum New Egg

Oct 14, 2009
    I have one single Silkie hen named fluffbum and she has not been acting herself lately. First she was laying on her eggs all day and after i went to collect them she's still laying in the same spot (her bed) all day and this is all she has been doing for the past few days, i have to lift her out of her bed so she can drink some water and eat. She has also stopped laying eggs. I think might be because she's lonely so we are trying to get another Silkie chicken but i'm just worrying about her because she's usually very active. I'm not sure how old she is because i don't know the previous owners but she's not young. Could she be dieing or just getting old? Please help i'm worrying about her so much. [​IMG]
    Thanks.

2. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    she could have gone broody.

3. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    My bets are on her being broody! Silkies are known for going broody all the time which would cause her to sit on the nest all the time and stop laying eggs. If you want get some fertile silkie eggs for her to sit on and in no time you will have a nice little flock of fluffbums [​IMG]

4. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    She sounds broody. My silkie would not move from her spot and she had no eggs. I was sure she would die. She was fine.

5. silkiefluffbum

silkiefluffbum New Egg

Oct 14, 2009
    Thanks so much i never thought of her being broody but that must be it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by