is rabbit poo okay for chickens to eat

Well this is good to know because I have 5 outside bunnies at the moment with raised hutches. The chickens love scratchin' and picking at whatever they find good to eat. So far, no dead chickens, so I guess it's okay.

The rabbit manure pulls worms and other bugs in they are foraging through it for the bugs and left overs not the manure itself. Mine have a path around the property they make daily and rabbit manure is along that path. Havent ever heard of it creating any problems for them, truth be known the chicken manure is some of the nastiest stuff you can be around so I would think if they can produce the stuff they produce they could roll in about anything LOL

All my critters have 1 rule If you can't eat it than roll in it.
lau.gif

Ok, phew! I have one roo named Checkers and yesterday my sweetie caught him in the act! He was enjoying a little bunny poop buffet under our Flemish giant hutches! He was apparently having the time of his life!

Should be just fine. Many critters like bunnys, hamsters, gerbils, etc, eat their own poop to re-digest what they missed the first time around. Chickens are really good at getting the goodies out of horse poop too.
The nearby racing stables leave bags of free manure out for anyone wanting it. My son dropped off two bags and I didn't see the chickens for a whole day lol

Back
Top Bottom