Is she a Americana chicken?

Quote:
Just so you know, "helping" you is exactly what I was trying to do. I wasn't being critical for critical's sake or trying to be belittling but rather educating.

If you really want help, try to read the "help" into what was written. Nobody is "fussing" at you for the "spelling" but rather trying to "help" you by educating you on a specific breed.

God Bless,

well thanks.....Just I've never had chickens and I don't want to feel like a complete moron for asking about another chicken. But I do, do my homework on the breeds, and I just am not sure what she is. Thats all I want.
smile.png

Here comes a locked topic! This kind of thing burns me up.

Quote:
Quote:
Just so you know, "helping" you is exactly what I was trying to do. I wasn't being critical for critical's sake or trying to be belittling but rather educating.

If you really want help, try to read the "help" into what was written. Nobody is "fussing" at you for the "spelling" but rather trying to "help" you by educating you on a specific breed.

God Bless,

Why is it that so often someone joins this forum, asks their questions and then has their OP slammed? There are all age groups on this forum and some posters may have a difficult time expressing exactly what they want. She didn't ask to be educated by anyone on her spelling or referencing the breeder, just a simple "could this be an Americana?"

If the OP wants to call the person she got her chickens from a Breeder, GO FOR it!

If she wants to call her chickens Americanas, Go For it!

And if you weren't being critical for critical sake, then I haven't seen critical yet. For starters, you attacked her OP as the most confusing post you have ever read. Then went on to berate her for asking if the breed could posibly be something else.

Not everyone wants to join a forum and then just anonymously surf the search function and never interact with other members on the forum. She reached out and interected and then gets criticized. Sheesh! Oh and lets throw a God Bless on top of it goes down easier.

And shame on Pouletsdecajun and sonoran silkies for picking on her spelling.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Kentuckian and thanks to all the other posters who answered her question as intended.

I have a 6 going on 7 week old chick that looks remarkably like yours. I will take an updated photo later and post it. My chick is out of a Buff Orpington hen and fathered by my mixed roo Hoss.

I also have another chicken fathered by Hoss and out of an EE hen who does NOT have green legs.

Quote:
Quote:

God Bless,

Why is it that so often someone joins this forum, asks their questions and then has their OP slammed? There are all age groups on this forum and some posters may have a difficult time expressing exactly what they want. She didn't ask to be educated by anyone on her spelling or referencing the breeder, just a simple "could this be an Americana?"

If the OP wants to call the person she got her chickens from a Breeder, GO FOR it!

If she wants to call her chickens Americanas, Go For it!

And if you weren't being critical for critical sake, then I haven't seen critical yet. For starters, you attacked her OP as the most confusing post you have ever read. Then went on to berate her for asking if the breed could posibly be something else.

Not everyone wants to join a forum and then just anonymously surf the search function and never interact with other members on the forum. She reached out and interected and then gets criticized. Sheesh! Oh and lets throw a God Bless on top of it goes down easier.

And shame on Pouletsdecajun and sonoran silkies for picking on her spelling.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Kentuckian and thanks to all the other posters who answered her question as intended.

I have a 6 going on 7 week old chick that looks remarkably like yours. I will take an updated photo later and post it. My chick is out of a Buff Orpington hen and fathered by my mixed roo Hoss.

I also have another chicken fathered by Hoss and out of an EE hen who does NOT have green legs.

I agree. We can help others learn about chickens & other poultry w/out being rude & condescending .I love Ameraucanas,but this very attitude is what made me shy away from the breed. I'll stick to my lowly mutt EEs,thank you!
tongue2.gif
D.gif

Quote:
One should never feel like a moron for asking a question. If someone thinks your being a moron for asking a question, that is their problem - not yours. The old cliche "The only bad question is one not asked." holds true.

Your bird is an Easter Egger.

As for the other comments on here, if education offends you - well that is your problem as well. Most of us, myself included, want to be educated so that we don't stay in the dark.

If spelling didn't matter, we wouldn't have spell check would we - or schools for that matter. When it comes to "Americana" or "Ameraucana" spelling is a big deal because far too many folks are being misled and misinformed.

Moreover, you write as if criticism is a bad thing and then go on to slam me for saying "God Bless".

Well, I'll put the personal attacks aside and end with a sincere...

God Bless,

Quote:
One should never feel like a moron for asking a question. If someone thinks your being a moron for asking a question, that is their problem - not yours. The old cliche "The only bad question is one not asked." holds true.

Your bird is an Easter Egger.

As for the other comments on here, if education offends you - well that is your problem as well. Most of us, myself included, want to be educated so that we don't stay in the dark.

If spelling didn't matter, we wouldn't have spell check would we - or schools for that matter. When it comes to "Americana" or "Ameraucana" spelling is a big deal because far too many folks are being misled and misinformed.

Moreover, you write as if criticism is a bad thing and then go on to slam me for saying "God Bless".

Well, I'll put the personal attacks aside and end with a sincere...

God Bless,

I would like to help educate you, so you aren't in the dark...your post came across as if the OP were a moron. Perhaps the manner you choose to 'educate' folks could use some polish. This forum isn't a test, so how things are spelled or misspelled is no big deal, well not to most of us.

And saying God Bless after you criticize someone is just... well, bizarre.
bow.gif

My Personal Opinion.

You started the personal attacks with your post, and now you are going to put the personal attacks aside. Big of You.

DangerAlley, Here is the pic of my chick that looks alot like yours, out of Buff Orpington and Hoss (pictured) breed unknown. I don't see how the breeds the Breeder mentioned having could produce something so different, unless they aren't purebred and have mixes already in their background.
idunno.gif

DSC_0007-10.jpg

DSC_0035-2.jpg

This chick may be a mixed breed (maybe the seller's rooster got in where it was wasn't supposed to), but it's not an easter egger.
The seller doesn't own americaunas or easter eggers and your chick doesn't have any EE features either. It has yellow legs, clean face (no muffs or beard), and no sign or suggestion of its comb being different from the other chicks you bought there.

You should post some new pictures in a few weeks (include a side view pic & also one of its comb) and maybe we'll be able to tell if its a mix like ILOVEJOES, a columbian rock, or something else.

thanks, yea I'll have to get more pics. Oh and her legs are a different color, there a dark green color. Not sure what that means but she or he could be a mix. I love her any how.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom