Is she a EE or Americana?

Amanda2714

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2022
I got some beautiful eggs from a lady that lives close to me they were a light green blue color unfortunately my incubator lost power during the 2 week of incubation ☹️ and only this one hatched. The lady said she has Easter eggers and Americans so I am curious as what she could be??? Her name is dote because she was so small when 🐣

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 1
I got some beautiful eggs from a lady that lives close to me they were a light green blue color unfortunately my incubator lost power during the 2 week of incubation ☹️ and only this one hatched. The lady said she has Easter eggers and Americans so I am curious as what she could be??? Her name is dote because she was so small when 🐣
I pretty well agree with the first poster.. and also note that pure bred Ameraucana will always have beards and muffs and come in specific feather color/pattern varieties.

The standard as it's printed allows for variation in egg color that includes some on the greener side of blue, example image from google.

88d58a72d6b43f6fc4eed1e555f70f82.jpg

I've had brutal power outages too (every year).. It's one of my biggest considerations before starting incubation. There's plenty that can be done if I'm home.. but nothing if not. I do (now) always use filled water bottles or large stones (as space permits) as heat syncs to help combat any fluctuations.

How old is she now?

Back
Top Bottom