Is she a New Hampshire pullet or a mix?

gregory991

In the Brooder
Nov 10, 2016
A friend gived me this pullet but i don't what breed is my friend says its a new hampshire mix did he has right, or is another breed?

Last edited:
How big is she? With her dark legs and feathered shanks, I suspect a silkie cross. Do you know what color eggs she lays? Could be an Easter Egger or Olive Egger.

Last edited:
How big is she? With her dark legs and feathered shanks, I suspect a silkie cross. Do you know what color eggs she lays? Could be an Easter Egger or Olive Egger.
she has not started to lay egg yet but the feathers color i think is probably same as new hampshires!

Last edited:
Feather color is similar to New Hampshire Red yes. But she is not a pure New Hampshire by no means. Trying to determine the breeds she is a mix of is nearly impossible. Some dominant traits can point to certain breeds, but color isn't usually one of them.

She sure could have New Hampshire blood, and she's definitely a mix, so sounds like your friend was right. 
thanks for your oppinion, what approximately i will get if i mix it with a new hampshire rooster what the offsprings will look like?

Mostly red. Looks like she's got feathered legs, so some chicks will have lightly feathered legs. Leg color will be a crap shoot, with her dark and the rooster's yellow. I can't tell what type of comb she has, but if it's straight, the chicks will be also.

Mostly red. Looks like she's got feathered legs, so some chicks will have lightly feathered legs. Leg color will be a crap shoot, with her dark and the rooster's yellow. I can't tell what type of comb she has, but if it's straight, the chicks will be also. 
thanks a lot for informations, i think she has no straight comb, she has pea comb i think.

Back
Top Bottom