Is she a Saxony or Buff?

Jul 27, 2018
Granite Falls, WA
E9AFBC1F-F462-4A0B-AB9E-FEB3F57C083D.jpeg
0F6EA139-4EEE-4B9D-A602-AEDC0FCEC714.jpeg
08B71F01-52AE-45C1-8755-7B7AF793B7DA.jpeg
I’m still trying to figure out if my duck is a buff or Saxony. I’ve had mixed answers. She does quack so I’m certain she’s a girl.

Did she come from TSC? If so, you can ask them where their ducks come from and look online to see what ducklings they have. This will help determine what she may be. I did the same thing last year when I suspected that I had gotten a WH and I was correct.

They're beautiful! How old are they? I was under the impression that the males had yellow bills and females had the darker bills. So does that mean these are male and female?

Thanks.They are 1 1/2 month old.Are you talking buffs are Saxony?I think the darker billed buff is a female and the lighter bill is a male.The Saxony im thinking is a male since its chest is fairly dark red and has a light bill.

Thanks.They are 1 1/2 month old.Are you talking buffs are Saxony?I think the darker billed buff is a female and the lighter bill is a male.The Saxony im thinking is a male since its chest is fairly dark red and has a light bill.
Sorry for not clarifying. I was referring to the buffs. That, along with voice sexing, definitely confirms that I have a female. Seems as though our babies are the same age. When she started to feather she looked just like my WH did, but once she got her chest feathers in I knew she wasn't a Welsh. TSC's assorted bin gave me yet again another pleasant surprise. She was the only one in a bin full of KC's. They tried to say she was a pekin :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom