Is she an embden?

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
I had ordered goslings from Ideal, one Pomeranian and one Tufted Roman. But the one is not a Tufted Roman, so is she an Embden? She is a biggen, almost twice the size of my Pomeranian "Beaker". She is very watchful, and likes to protect her duck flock. I would just like to know what her breed could be.

I'm also trying to think of a good name for her, instead of just calling her Biggen

I had ordered goslings from Ideal, one Pomeranian and one Tufted Roman. But the one is not a Tufted Roman, so is she an Embden? She is a biggen, almost twice the size of my Pomeranian "Beaker". She is very watchful, and likes to protect her duck flock. I would just like to know what her breed could be.

I'm also trying to think of a good name for her, instead of just calling her Biggen
She looks Embden, and I have a white cohcin bantam hen named Snow for snow White. Just a thought.

I believe Roman geese don't always have to be "tufted". I've seen both strains. Though, I never owned them. But the fact that this goose seems to be rather large, makes me think it's an embden. Tufted Romans are suppose to be a smaller goose. If you ordered "tufted", then that's what you should have received. You can usually tell a tufted gosling right from the get go. They have a ball of fluff on the tops of their heads, even as babies.

For some reason, Biggen makes me giggle. I think its a cute name. What about naming her Bunsen, as in Dr. Bunsen, you know, going with the muppet theme Beaker & Dr. Bunsen

Back
Top Bottom