Is she ok?

I am just so surprised your Muscovy drake is so aggressive at his age. I have had many Muscovy drakes and have never seen abuse like that. I am not sure you can ever put him back with your females. How many females do you have total. Would you consider rehoming him and maybe trying another Muscovy drake? Or just keep your females and no drake. It's going to take a long time for Bella to get over what she has been through. Lots of good feed and TLC and hopefully she'll be fine.

I am just so surprised your Muscovy drake is so aggressive at his age. I have had many Muscovy drakes and have never seen abuse like that. I am not sure you can ever put him back with your females. How many females do you have total. Would you consider rehoming him and maybe trying another Muscovy drake? Or just keep your females and no drake. It's going to take a long time for Bella to get over what she has been through. Lots of good feed and TLC and hopefully she'll be fine.
I have 3 girls and i'm getting more ducks... didn't actually consider rehoming, i could ask my local breeder but it is very hard to do something like that... you think i could put him with my pekin drakes? (they are mature)

Don't be sorry for the images, they are so important to share. You are doing good by getting him away from her. I agree with Miss Lydia let her rest and give a little extra TLC and let her get her strength back.

Really don't know my Muscovy drake lives peaceably with my Runner drake but hates my gander. If he is still young they may pick on him. It's very hard because you care so much for him or because he is a drake? I have to be honest if I had a drake that at his age did that to one of my females he would be gone. I have had a few rooters that were hateful and they ended up as chicken an dumplings. I have rehomed a few Muscovy drakes but mainly because of the fighting and having to keep them separated. Never from them abusing the females. It's a very hard thing to do but we also have a responsibility to take care of our females and not let them get injured like Bella is.

Really don't know my Muscovy drake lives peaceably with my Runner drake but hates my gander. If he is still young they may pick on him. It's very hard because you care so much for him or because he is a drake? I have to be honest if I had a drake that at his age did that to one of my females he would be gone. I have had a few rooters that were hateful and they ended up as chicken an dumplings. I have rehomed a few Muscovy drakes but mainly because of the fighting and having to keep them separated. Never from them abusing the females. It's a very hard thing to do but we also have a responsibility to take care of our females and not let them get injured like Bella is.
Thank you, i will send him to a breeder if he won't get along with the drakes (i will try introducing him slowly once he is around older) if that doesn't work i'll give him to my breeder and trade him in for another duck, thanks for all the help and support and love for bella, you are all truly amazing people!

Back
Top Bottom