Is something wrong with one of my new hens? Solid white poop

RockinFlock

Chirping
Oct 24, 2021
Western PA
Hello, I went to check in the new girls today and noticed this big clump of poop. They are solid. Hens act normal for that group. Only one of the four chickens is laying, I do not know which one made this poop. Please let me know if not normal what I need to do.

Attachments

• IMG_20220224_140350777.jpg
    IMG_20220224_140350777.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20220224_140347194.jpg
    IMG_20220224_140347194.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 2
It could be normal with urates coating the poop. I would watch for more of the same. If concerned, you could ask your regular pet vet if they could run a fecal float on some collected droppings in a ziploc bag, to rule out worms or coccidiosis.

I have had these 4 for about a week. I don't know what they were eating before. They came from a highly rated local hatchery (They were excess breeding stock). My normal crew eats feed from the feed store, but these girls are eating this
1645731135998.png

I give them RopaPoultry in their water and mealworms sprinkled with Omega 3 (or something like that. I can get the exact brand if needed).

They were only let out once so far, but they stuck near/in the run. Oh, and they have oyster shells. No grit, it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Thanks

Just to update, the next day I checked and there was new poop beside it. It was normal color! Same small turds 😆, but normal color! So thanks everyone!
Ever since I read your article, I have taken an even closer look at poop while cleaning. There was white/light grey poop. Maybe when they eat a little more calcium it comes out that color! No worries!

Back
Top Bottom