Is Temp metro?

GockeyEgg

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jan 10, 2008
PA
I think Temp, our rooster, is metrosexual. Or maybe it was just normal rooster behaviour? Or maybe he is just a really supportive father to be.

I have 4 hens laying now..woot! I suspect one of the layers is a newbie that we hatched here last summer. I want to catch her in the act. Her name is Big Sexy. Yesterday morning I heard a lot of Ba-gocking out in the coop. I thought to myself "Self, someone is laying an egg. You better get your booty out there before you miss it!". And so I did. I found Temp standing next to the Alpha hen(who was sitting in a nest on the floor) ba-gocking his little head off. Big Sexy was standing in front of the hen also ba-gocking. Eventually the Alpha hen did lay her egg(a nice pointy green one). Temp cheered afterwards, the hen didn't make a sound.

Now, Temp follows this Alpha hen and her "lady in waiting" around like a lost dog. Big Sexy is kind of like the court Jester.

Is all this ba-gocking and following around normal for a roo or do I have a very sensitive fellow that really cares about his looks?

Back
Top Bottom