Is there a chance any of these 6 week old Liege Fighters is a pullet?

:ya:ya :ya
I have never been so happy to (most likely) be wrong!!
I have hope now that I actually might have an amazing start to my backyard flock! :love

Okay so a little update..
I just went out to them and noticed something on 2 and 3...

gult1.jpg

gult.jpg

Am I looking at some colorful feathers growing on their backs? Is that a surefire way to tell they're cockerels or are there exceptions? :hit Their mothers are blue and father blue with some red/orange on his back and neck. So.. cockerels? :(

I am NOT an authority on such things, but I don't think that a couple of feathers in their fathers' pattern is any kind of a sure fire sign of their sex. Papa doesn't pass his genetic traits just to cockrels. It seems that you'll just have to wait...which is hard.

Keep interacting with your flock. When you are stressed and worried & wondering pull up a camp chair and watch an episode of chicken tv! You have quite the cast of characters & they're amazing at this age (any age really, but I'm biased!)

Thank you. I got worried cause I don't know what the equivalent of the rooster color look like in hens.. I don't think I've seen a hen with the red feathers on the back. :eek: but I'm very new to chickens so I'm sure I haven't seen much in the ways of chicken colors :rolleyes:
Yes love watching my little chickens, I could watch them for hours :love although they all seem to end up jumping up on my shoulders and head so they disappear from my field of vision quite quickly :lol:

Alright, thanks! I'll wait a couple more weeks and then post some new pics and ask again what you think! :)

Oh my, their little flared neck feathers are so dang cute! But those shiny colorful feathers along the back are suspect saddle feathers. Please post more as they mature. I just love looking at this breed. Never had one.

:pop

They are now 7,5 weeks, and I love watching them developing. It seems some of them are getting more rosy faces, but it seems to fluctuate quite a bit, when I come with food they have really flushed red faces, and when they're calm it seems to be more faded. Is this normal?
Here's an example of nr 5 when I've just brought food:
nr22.jpg

And a while later:
nr3.jpg

Is it the non-excited color you go on when judging whether they're cockerels or pullets? Or do they get paler when inactive and that's not what to use when deciding? I find it difficult to decide if they have red wattles or paler wattles when it seems to change a bit depending on what they're doing at the moment.. :confused:

Some more pictures of what they look like now!

nr.jpg

nr1.jpg

nr2.jpg

nr4.jpg

nr5.jpg

nr6.jpg

nr7.jpg

nr8.jpg

nr9.jpg

nr10.jpg

nr11.jpg

nr12.jpg

nr13.jpg

nr14.jpg

nr15.jpg

nr16.jpg

nr17.jpg

nr18.jpg

nr19.jpg

nr20.jpg

nr21.jpg

And a bonus picture of nr 3 where he did almost the exact same "pose" in the same place! Quite fun to see a comparison of how he's changed over a week and a half! Definitely put on some more feathers at least! :love

Jämförelse.jpg

Do you still think probably pullets or are you starting to change your mind on either of them? :)

Attachments

• nr3.jpg
    nr3.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom