Is there a "Morning After" Pill for Dogs?

My mom has a basset/lab, she's actually a very pretty dog, good dog too, for being a 10 month old pup, she's smart, and listens.

THOUGH she does like to chew, chew chew.

wierdest dog breed I have seen would have to be a mini poodle x dachshund O-o saddest, UGLIEST dog I had ever seen xD

Tall-ish like the poodle, long body, curly hair, Ugly, honestly, and a MEAN little thing at that!

I've seen a beagle x chihauhau, big ol' beagle head, tiny little slender body, big ol' Beagle feet xD

I've seen a beagle x chow, actually quite a pretty dog.

I've seen a shar pei x lab, again, a pretty dog

OH

Pug x cocker spanial, now THAT was a UGLY dog
smack.gif

but I just CANNOT imagine what a dachshund x great pyr would look like xD

I will just wait it out and see if I am Grandma to Great Wee-Nees or not. I would not really give her a drug/morning after for the reason it would be hard on her. I once had a dog spayed that had been recently bred and she almost died. Again, I would not do this to her. Nature will just have to run it's course. The weiner dog can't come visit for awhile
lol.png
Paris has just come in heat so I am hoping the little weiner dog didn't look like a Lothario to Paris. At the very worst, puppies will be born, the weiner dog will pay puppy support and Paris will go on food stamps and welfare.
lau.gif

Twenty-plus years ago I had the morning-after shot given to our female dog after an unintentional breeding. I don't recall the circumstances other than calling the vet in panic to ask what could be done. Nothing was said at the time about it being hard on the dog and I don't believe any effects were ever noted. We didn't have puppies and I think we had her spayed in the next few months since our dogs have all been spayed. It's possible the vet would not have spayed during a pregnancy and recommended the shot first.
Any hormonal shot is going to be hard on any animal. What are the side effects?

As far as size difference goes, we have several Chia-pits at the vet clinic where I work. Sire was the chihuahua, dam was the Pit Bull - Thank Goodness for that, I suppose.

If you spayed right as she was coming out of her cycle, there shouldn't be any problem with pregnancy complications since the fetuses would be so very small at first. Unless you have plans for breeding Paris, a spay can make your life a lot easier. Complications are rare and I have had several recently bred (and some not so recently bred
roll.png
) rescues done with out any problems at all.

Best wishes with whatever you decide to do.

Quote:
lol, if there are pups, that wold be a dog I might want LMAO

just to say "I gots me a Great wee-nee!
big_smile.png
"...I'd get some wierd looks since I'm guy LMAO

I personally am glad you are going to wait, puppies arn't the worst thing on the planet, and something as weird as a great pyr x dachhound, I'm sure you'd have no problem finding them homes
lau.gif

I don't believe in getting pregnant animals spayed, personally,it's not right IMO, they know they're pregnant.

my aunt's great dane got pregnant several years back, and she had her spayed at 3 or 4 weeks pregnant, the dog knew, she became depressed, got sick, and died less than a week later. not sure if the being spayed had anything to do with it, but she was healthy otherwise

lau.gif
those would be some funny puppies!! My sister has a rott, beagle cross, he is about 80 pounds, colored like a rott with beagle feet and face. He is super fat and a funny looking fellow, but has been a pretty good boy. Hope she doesn't take, sort of the puppies would be funny
wink.png
I don't have to worry about that with my AB female she hates to be bred, and hates male dogs in general, soo she does not breed, and at 85 pounds, she gives the boys what for and they give up! I'd love to get a second litter from her, but she has other plans!

Back
Top Bottom