Is there an app or something to track egg laying?

I'll try both the SnootyHen method and this app (called Flockstar) and report back.

Please do. In fact, if you try several you could write a review of them as a useful article.

I haven't figured out how I want to track eggs in order to keep track of which hens I want to breed after I get a rooster.

Please do. In fact, if you try several you could write a review of them as a useful article.

I haven't figured out how I want to track eggs in order to keep track of which hens I want to breed after I get a rooster.
Wow - how high tech everyone is. I am ashamed to say I use a paper calendar that I keep in the coop with a pencil on a piece of string.

I use Mother Hen
It tracks egg laying by every hen, by specie (if you have ducks, guinea, geese, quails or turkeys too) and by colour.
You can also create a page for every hen where you can type everyting about her (like hatch or buy date, parents, etc.)
Oooooohhhh I like that one tracks expenses too!

I use Mother Hen
It tracks egg laying by every hen, by specie (if you have ducks, guinea, geese, quails or turkeys too) and by colour.
You can also create a page for every hen where you can type everyting about her (like hatch or buy date, parents, etc.)
I saw that one, but it costs money so I'm going to stick to the free ones.

I know it's only been a couple of weeks but how's your experiment going? My flock just started laying again. I say it every year but this year I'd really like to track production.
@black_cat
It's going great!! I do forget to log eggs, occasionally :oops:
So far my overall favorite is the app Flockstar, if you're only looking to log eggs. (other apps can log feed etc)
You get to have a picture for each bird in your flock, and when you log an egg, you can add a pic of the egg, the egg's weight, and if it was damaged or broken. I also really like that there's a leaderboard for the chickens :D
The one problem is that I have to guess which RSL of mine laid a brown egg, because I don't have a camera, and that's not the app's fault.

Back
Top Bottom