Is there any hope for a 2 week old bully?

BBQNuggets

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 19, 2014
Castle Rock, CO
I've got a mystery bantam chick with a serious Napoleon complex. He's only 2 weeks old but I'm pretty sure already that it's a Roo because it (he) is extremely aggressive, bucks up, stomps on the other chicks, pecks hard at them, and even drags them around by their heads if he grips any feathers with a peck. I'm at a bit of a loss with what to do with him. He's a bantam so there's no point in raising him for the pot, and when he's in isolation he cheeps SO LOUDLY all day long and throws himself against the side of the box trying to get out. He's also extremely flighty.
I don't want to seem callused, but what do you do with a chick that is basically just good for nothing? Would ANYONE want a Roo like that if I tried to re-home him? What to do?

He is a rascal sounds like so I would separate him or cull him
hit.gif

Well, I did it. I culled him. My first time culling a little chick... what a horrible job
sad.png

Thanks for the replies- I guess I knew all along what I needed to do, but I needed "permission" from other chicken owners first
hmm.png

Well, I did it. I culled him. My first time culling a little chick... what a horrible job
sad.png

Thanks for the replies- I guess I knew all along what I needed to do, but I needed "permission" from other chicken owners first
hmm.png

It is hard the first time and really every time but you just can't have one chicken hurting the rest of the flock ,,,,,, Looks like you just grated to Chicken Farmer
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom