Is there any hope GRAPHIC PIC

Quote:
He seems to be walking fine but not fluffed yet. But mine seem to take a long time to fluff. He has only been out of the shell since about 3 this afternoon. I want to give him every opportunity that I can.

Jsnnlaynes - WAY TO GO, you are my kind of person. As long as they aren't suffering, do your best to save them. I feel that if God wants them to live, they will , so I need to do my best to help them. Then,if they die, I know I have done my part and my best for them.
thumbsup.gif

Do what ya can. I'd do it too. Luckie was last to hatch, I believe the humidity was too low in the incubator, and she was stuck to the shell. It was my fault for removing others as they hatched i should have waited. Its hard, im pullin for ya, do what ever your gut tells ya, thats what i did and every day im shocked to see LUCKIE.

There is a difference between the umbilical cord & the intestines. If it's the umbilical cord, no problem! Just tie it off tight at the belly with sterile string & snip the remaining bit off. It will dry & there will be no problem. If however it's the intestines, you should cull immediately as there is no way in the world that it will survive with torn intestines.
Good luck to you & your chick.

Quote:
That is exactly what I plan on doing! I am not one to let them suffer, but you can't tell anything is wrong unless you see his behind. I'm not one to put down without giving them a chance.

Speakin of behinds, I did have to keep Luckie clean, her pooh would stick to her. I would clean it, for about a week.

Back
Top Bottom