Is there any way to get the humidity down in an incubator?

sweeterdeeter42

Songster
8 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northern Illinois
I have an empty incubator running and ready for lockdown of a few eggs that are due at a different time than the others. There is already NO water in the incubator and my humidity has been 80% to 95%!!!! Lockdown is tomorrow. Is there a way I can get it down? Put a bowl of uncooked rice in it? It is an LG. Both plugs are out and the temp. is stable. I have had no problem keeping the humidity at 55 last hatch. The house is about 80% because it was storming out. And there is no way for me to put a dehumidifier in the room.

I have seen suggestions of dry rice and baking soda...
hu.gif

dry rice sounds like a good idea to me...that's what they say to use if you get your cell phone wet

Hmm.. yeah, it might... Put it in there and see what the humidity drops to... I doubt it has that much power honestly.. If it can make the humidity below 45, I would say take it out...
hmm.png

my hova jumps like that as soon as I get a pip before I had a fan I ran a coupla hatches just barely warmer but if you are as humid as you are your LG is probably not going to be able to overcome the ambient RH you might try putting your plugs back in and shut the air flow down a little my hova bator I can change RH a little by playing with the plugs

Back
Top Bottom