Is there anybody in this egg?

That is so strange, any idea on when this thing [duckling] is going to hatch? Also seems what ever it might be isn't taking up much of the egg?
It depends on which way you turn the egg? If it keeps having leakage, I may put the incubator outside and cover it.

That is so strange, any idea on when this thing [duckling] is going to hatch? Also seems what ever it might be isn't taking up much of the egg?
That's actually a good point- there's not been much of any daily change. Since there's such a total lack of veining, it looks nothing like the mallard eggs that I incubated, there was more liquid this morning (and it didn't smell pleasant), and, like you said, @Miss Lydia, it isn't taking up much of the egg and hasn't changed much since I've found it, I think I'm going to let it go later. I don't think it's a snake egg because it feels like a duck egg shell, but I can't imagine anything hatching from it at this point, even if it is a tenacious embryo. I'm starting to worry about it just being a breeding ground for bacteria, and Downey is supposed to get his new baby duck friend in 4 days, and I need to make sure things everywhere are clean and ready.

I hope you open it up out of curiosity. So exciting about the new baby duck friend so look forward to seeing pics. Did you go with the Snowy?

I was just kidding about the snake egg def a difference in the 2.
I'm waiting on the man to text me back, but I'm hoping he has a new hatchling snowy available!

Oh, man, opening it is gonna be gross... my gut is telling me it's not a good, viable egg, but I'd hate for it to be alive. The fact that it's kinda stinky is what is the most concerning.

Sounds like something wrong if stinky.
Stinky is never a good sign. It was much more stinky today, and there was a lot more alien goo on it. My best guess is that it was a really shrink wrapped saddled embryo. It was small, even for a wood duck egg. I may be too squeamish to open it. Lol. In other news, Downey is annoyed that all this attention is not going towards him. He is prepared with snuggle therapy because it is kinda sad. IMG_20210606_192928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom