Is there something wrong with this chicken egg

Hmm, I dunno. It could be anything, really. With young birds its really hard to tell, y'know? A lot of the times it's just because they are new to it, and others it may be because they are lacking in calcium.
You have a interesting concept, though.
I'm sure mine need some oyster shells, I'm out at the moment, but I did notice the pullets digging into the laying pellets instead of the grower crumbles lately. I need to get them resupplied on calcium. I was just trying to insert a tad bit of humor, must've failed at it though...:th

Could this help I'm worried maybe she's having symptoms from the cord I gave her the summer ever since I gave her corid her eggs started looking pale and not as green she used to have really shiny Green Eggs and now they're pale ever since the coridView attachment 1953543 could she have a vitamin deficiency
Maybe some Brewers yeast or Poultry Booster?

I'm sure mine need some oyster shells, I'm out at the moment, but I did notice the pullets digging into the laying pellets instead of the grower crumbles lately. I need to get them resupplied on calcium. I was just trying to insert a tad bit of humor, must've failed at it though...:th
I've also change their feet up I was feeding them for several months flock raiser Purina flock raiser but then I had some chickens with soft egg shells so I switched back to lean feed Hummel's Wayne feed about a week ago

I'll see how it goes I know where her nest is at the barn so I'll keep checking on her could someone tell me how much polyvisol I could give my hens if they have a vitamin deficiency

I make sure they have oyster shells they go through it quite a bit I have a few hens I never see them eat it a few hens but the rest of my hands like it I go through it a lot

I have a hen who lik says like that every once in a while. She's just got wacky plumbing, I think.

Is the shell strong?
Yes very strong but I have some other hens with weak shells for examples my buff Brahma but the one were talking about is my Easter Egger her name is Daphne and she has never had weak egg shells

I'll see how it goes I know where her nest is at the barn so I'll keep checking on her could someone tell me how much polyvisol I could give my hens if they have a vitamin deficiency
I saw the amount recommended for wry neck a few weeks back but it was here in BYC forums so you should be able to find it fairly easy. @Eggcessive or @Wyorp Rock may know the amount?
Maybe it's the feed change since they may have different calcium added.

Back
Top Bottom