Is this a Bantam?

MLGarber

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
Virginia
So, i'm still not sure what this little lady is. She hasn't grown much in a week and I'm wondering, (especially given that the tractor supply has apparently given me cornish rocks instead of leghorns- grrrr), if this little would-be "assorted red" is really some sort of RIR bantam. I thought at first she was a runt, or stunted... I just don't know enough about them. I'm certain time will tell, but wondered if anyone had any ideas.
She's as cute as can be, but has always been the smallest of the group and seems smaller by comparison everyday with the other reds growing so much. I have had her for 7 days so she is atleast that old. (my profile pic is her 7 days ago, though its not a very good one)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
The other 2 are some sort of red pullets. The cornish rocks is a whole other story,
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/651040/how-old-boy-girl-what-breed-pictures#post_8785079, but I feel better thinking it may be a bantam. at first i was worried she was just really sick, but she eats, drinks, and poops normally. I keep caller her "she" but, I supposed there's no guarantee she's a pullet either, given the vast number of TSC mixups I experienced in one purchase!

She's quite tiny, so i'm really thinking she must be a bantam. sweet chicky, though

I think she is also a bantam.

The other 2 are some sort of red pullets. The cornish rocks is a whole other story,
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/651040/how-old-boy-girl-what-breed-pictures#post_8785079, but I feel better thinking it may be a bantam. at first i was worried she was just really sick, but she eats, drinks, and poops normally. I keep caller her "she" but, I supposed there's no guarantee she's a pullet either, given the vast number of TSC mixups I experienced in one purchase!

She's quite tiny, so i'm really thinking she must be a bantam. sweet chicky, though

Back
Top Bottom