Is this a boy or a girl?!?!?!? *edit with results*

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
AHHHH! It's driving me crazy!! I posted a pic of the same chicken a few weeks ago, everyone voted girl. Here s/he is now 16 weeks... I have 2 other Buff Orpintons the same age, one is for sure a boy, one is for sure a girl, but this one is still questionable. What do you guys think???? Thanks!

BoyOrGirl16weeks.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's a pullet, though it is slightly questionable. The tail doesn't scream rooster to me. I had the same question as my BO's grew! One has barely any comb and the other has a huge floppy red comb and gigantic wattles, but both are hens and now lay eggs everyday.

A pullet................... She is hen feathered...... has a hens tail...... no saddle feathers and no hackle feathers..... which "he" would have if he were a "he"............. which "she" isn't....................lol..................

I think it's showing signs of roo feathers. Saddle feathers are looking questionable to me. And the tail feathers are awfully tall, but no droop started. So I'm just adding to the confusion. It is questionable!
I would think if he were a he, he would have started crowing by now.
Also BO hens are short and kind of squatty (like in the other pics), this one seems taller and more uprightish like a roo (kind of hard to tell though.).
So to sum it all up, I DON"T KNOW!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!
barnie.gif

When did the comb on it appear? Was it early on, like around 4-6 weeks? Or was it just recently? Do you have a picture of it as a chick around 4-10 weeks? I think that might help people tell!

I will try to take a picture of my BO and her huge comb to let you compare.

480077379_H7kKv-L.jpg

This pullet has tail feathers kind of like yours. She was younger than yours in this picture. I'll take a picture of her big huge comb tomorrow! She hatched at the end of November, so she's not *that* much older than your BO.

Back
Top Bottom