Is this a Brahma hen?

I'd love some help firstly identifying if my 12 week old chick is a hen, and secondly if she's a Brahma? She was hatched from an egg, and I was told it was a a Brahma, but I can't pick which colour she'd be, as she's not a Buff Brahma (she's too light), or a light Brahma (as she's not white!)

Thanks in advance. She's my first chicken and she's lovely.

View attachment 3700556
View attachment 3700555
Looks like a hen, it does have the pea comb and feathered feet. It is not pure in its color, should be all buff but still a pretty chicken. Photo I attached is the Light Brahmas.

Attachments

• BRAHAMA LIGHT MALE OURS.JPG
    BRAHAMA LIGHT MALE OURS.JPG
    707 KB · Views: 0
Looks like a hen, it does have the pea comb and feathered feet. It is not pure in its color, should be all buff but still a pretty chicken. Photo I attached is the Light Brahmas.
Why do you say it should be all buff?

The common "Buff Brahmas" have a Buff Columbian pattern (they have black in particular places, not solid buff all over). Several people have identified this one as Lemon Pyle (which has some amount of white along with buff.)

If there is any Brahma color that is solid buff all over, it is definitely not common in the USA, although I don't know for sure about other countries.

Back
Top Bottom