Is this a California White?

I got 4 of them, kept back the 2 with the most black spots. I got them from tractor supply too labeled as CW pullet. Maybe just tractor supply quality CW lol this is Pigpen

Attachments

• 20201217_162419.jpg
    20201217_162419.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 6
I got 4 of them, kept back the 2 with the most black spots. I got them from tractor supply too labeled as CW pullet. Maybe just tractor supply quality CW lol this is Pigpen

A California White shouldn't have any red at all.

They are a cross between a White Leghorn and a California Grey (which is a cross between White Leghorn and Barred Rock) -- no red anywhere in their genetics. :)

A California White shouldn't have any red at all.

They are a cross between a White Leghorn and a California Grey (which is a cross between White Leghorn and Barred Rock) -- no red anywhere in their genetics. :)
Well tractor supply isn't a real worthy place to rely on breeds being true. Either way, mine lay good. So that's all it matters to me!

I want to say that my batch come from Hoover hatchery. If I got back and skim my messenger, I could probably find their packing slip. My friend works for TSC so she always let's me know what's comes in before they even come out the box!

Well tractor supply isn't a real worthy place to rely on breeds being true. Either way, mine lay good. So that's all it matters to me!

What color eggs are you getting?

This fall I picked up my order that included 3 CW. Now at 14 weeks I am 90% certain 2 of them are Austra Whites. I didn't get them from TSC. Mine were ordered through my favorite feed store. I think mine were substituted by the hatchery.
It happens. If I had more room I would still seek out my CW's....

What color eggs are you getting?

This fall I picked up my order that included 3 CW. Now at 14 weeks I am 90% certain 2 of them are Austra Whites. I didn't get them from TSC. Mine were ordered through my favorite feed store. I think mine were substituted by the hatchery.
It happens. If I had more room I would still seek out my CW's....
Pigpen lays me an off white egg (not snow white, but like a dirty white). Dirtybird is not far from laying. So I'll know in couple more weeks on her.

Back
Top Bottom