Your Opinion?

• Male

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Female

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
I know how you feel! We have to climb up the telephone pole to get cell signal. Luck for us we get a whopping 15 Gigs per month for internet.

I would like to see a better pic of your girl when you get a chance. She has a lot of green blood in her making her a Spaulding. Notice that the head is angular from the side view. Her crest feathers are long and fuzzy up the shaft, not like a pom pom on a stick. There are other tell-tale signs too like the tips of the back feathers had a bit of whitish color but the main giveaway is that the bars on the back are wide and dark and only one bar per feather where a cock has multiple bars per feather and are thinner. Spaulding hens will retain some of the barrings on the wings and mostly on the tail. @barkerg is my go-to guy when it comes to Spaulding and green birds, hopefully, he will come along soon.
View attachment 1145333
View attachment 1145327
View attachment 1145337 View attachment 1145338

Thanks @KsKingBee. Glad to know we aren't the only ones! I'll attach a few more images.View attachment 1145469 View attachment 1145470 View attachment 1145471

Attachments

• DSC_5207-1.jpg
    DSC_5207-1.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_5287-2.jpg
    DSC_5287-2.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_5332-4.jpg
    DSC_5332-4.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Lol but seriously, somebody please voice an opinion on if we have a male or female here. Picking up another today and desperately want to verify if this is a male. Thanks so much! View attachment 1144998
Based in my observations, the breast feathers look to be laced so im suspecting it to be a her. If you could get good normal pics of her breast, sides and back, that would help greatly and yes, i do believe she contains green blood meaning spalding. The yellow lorus aka cheek will depend on the parents genes and how they looked, some lower end spaldings will not display the yellow and some will. Consider this, you can enhance what the bird has genetically but you cannot create whats not there. @casportpony
@KsKingBee

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
Based in my observations, the breast feathers look to be laced so im suspecting it to be a her. If you could get good normal pics of her breast, sides and back, that would help greatly and yes, i do believe she contains green blood meaning spalding. The yellow lorus aka cheek will depend on the parents genes and how they looked, some lower end spaldings will not display the yellow and some will. Consider this, you can enhance what the bird has genetically but you cannot create whats not there. @casportpony
@KsKingBee

Gerald Barker
@barkerg I posted these earlier in the thread. Thanks so much for chiming in. I'm new to this peafowl parenting. I'm learning though!
DSC_5207-1.jpg
DSC_5287-2.jpg
DSC_5207-1.jpg
DSC_5287-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom