Is this a Dalmation Polish hen? LOL

I am glad you like my Spitzhaubens, Aoxa, but the roo was not used for breeding. Came from Gabbard. I got rid of all of her stock. Sticking with Ideal hatchery and Carla (Allenwranch) lines. The pullet in front of the roo was kept.

To the OP, it does not look like a Spitzhauben or a very badly marked Spitzhauben or a cross of a Spitzhauben or Hamburg. I am guessing probably a Black crested white Polish crossed over Hamburg.

Pretty sure it's 100% Polish, just a poor quality black crested white or BCW x Silver Laced. Most black crested whites are indeed poor quality and many have a lot of black down the breast, which looks like spangling. Most have small crests, and I've seen lots of silver laced with small crests too. Some in fact that look almost like Spitzhaubens, which is why a lot of hatcheries actually sell poor Polish as Spitzhaubens.

shes a silver laced that came from a hatchery. I had gotten a few similarly and uniquely marked like her from Ideal Hatchery.
smile.png

Hens & Hounds :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/91292_dalmation_polish_lol.jpg

This is Lil Miss Trouble some weird mutt Polish hen, why does she have weird spots/markings? anyone have a funny markings polish like her?.... she eats like a pig, has huge body & lil head
tongue.png
but we still LOVE her anyway
love.gif

She is simply a black crested white Polish. This variety needs a lot of work, but is recognized by the APA​

Quote:
She is simply a black crested white Polish. This variety needs a lot of work, but is recognized by the APA

I think this one is beautiful. Maybe not up to APA standards, but she's gorgeous!
love.gif

I have one almost IDENTICAL! Never could figure out the breed. They could be sisters!!
big_smile.png
LOL
I'll post a pic of her later. On my phone right now. But your girls beautiful!

The reason a lot of folks are saying its mixed with other breeds is because several breeds were used to re-create this variety and it hasn't had time to become as fine tuned as some of the colors that have been around awhile. Off the top of my head there's w.c. black polish, lakenvelder, and spitzhauben in most of the b.c. whites that are out there today. I had bought a trio once and the rooster was so far off of type that he looked like a nearly solid white spitzhauben. the hens were half ways decent though but clearly had a lot of w.c. black in them due to the amount of white in the back of their crests.

Thank you all for your input
smile.png

I am thinking she is just a poor quality polish as Illia has said or silver laced that came from a hatchery as ScaredOfShadows said....I have wondered where she actually came from since the private farm I got her from never showed us the parents of any of our chickens & they had NO hens there just a bunch of roosters that noone wanted or where returned to them.
They did say they had another farm but who knows
hu.gif

They were very nice people even though there husbandry was very lax
hmm.png

Little Miss Trouble does have very blue/purple legs & has the weirdest loud cry, she sounds more like a peacock....actually sounds like a cat or baby crying. I'm so afraid someone will think I am killing something in my backyard! LOL
roll.png

Little Miss also has the longest wingspan I have ever seen on a chicken & loves to get up real high on trees, swing set, whatever she can
tongue.png
Next to her the EE's get the highest, but Lil Miss surely outdoes them all...Lil Miss Trouble Can't Be Wrong
D.gif

Thank you all again for all your input & would love to see her sister SilkieMan...please post when you can
big_smile.png

Have a great weekend everyone!

Back
Top Bottom