Is this a D'uccle? And what color?

coastiegrl

Songster
10 Years
Aug 20, 2013
My daughter got this pretty girl at an auction and I'm trying to figure out what she is. I'm thinking D'uccle? What color is this? Would love some help on this! Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230902_151551.jpg
    20230902_151551.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 20230902_151558.jpg
    20230902_151558.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 24
Silkie mix, and definitely not a she. That's an obvious cockerel.
Maybe obvious to you, but the person running the auction who sells thousands of chickens a year, said he was pretty sure it was a female.
I don't understand why people like you feel the need to be so rude in your response. Obviously it wasn't obvious to me or the auctioneer or I wouldn't have picked that one. Next time you want to answer someone with such snark, just keep scrolling. Smh...

Maybe obvious to you, but the person running the auction who sells thousands of chickens a year, said he was pretty sure it was a female.
I don't understand why people like you feel the need to be so rude in your response. Obviously it wasn't obvious to me or the auctioneer or I wouldn't have picked that one. Next time you want to answer someone with such snark, just keep scrolling. Smh...
It is very likely that the auctioneer knew it was a cockerel; they work for their client not the buyers. I once bought dozen of cockerels from market :) Fortunately we lived in the country, and paddock full of rooster was not a problem.

Pullets do not have such big red comb or wattle.

Back
Top Bottom