Is this a girl Buff Orpington?

The comb is very small for a leghorn pullet that age...My 4 weeker's combs are already bigger than hers Plus it looks like it has red ears not white. Possibly a Rock cross-tail doesn't look right for a pure Rock but it's possible it was just the pose.
BTW Buff Orpington's don't have yellow legs either...born buff and have a very pale looking leg...some say white but it's more like a white skin tone color.

You know you can just order from a hatchery and they will be delivered to your home. I ordererd from Meyers Hatchery and they never messed up on the gender. Also below is picture of Buff Orpingtons.

23509_dsc02511.jpg

You wouldn't happen to be in Canada, would you? If so, she could be a White Chantecler. If not, she really looks like a white leghorn with a small comb (to me, anyway...I'm no expert!) Very beautiful girl!

She looks like my leghorn hybrid (Hyline) pullet. Here was a picture from when she was about 12 weeks, but she is about 24 weeks now.

100_2387.jpg

Here is mine Leghorn hybrid, on the right, at about 9 weeks old sitting next to my buff orpington, on the left.
100_1957-1.jpg

And the two of them together as chicks, the leghorn is on the left and the buff on the right.
100_1523.jpg

I agree! She looks a lot like your Hyline Pullet. (GardeNerd, I remember reading about how you and your daughter hatched her from a Trader Joe's egg...what a amazing story!!)

Back
Top Bottom