Is this a Light Brahma?? I hope I'm Wrong!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bossynbella, Jun 4, 2008.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    When I sorted out my Ornamentals and Heavy Roosters I just assumed that all the ones with feathered feet went with the Ornamentals, When I couldn't figure out what this one was I kept searching through the catalog and saw the pics of the LIght brahma chicks (only included in the Heavy Roosters and not the ornamentals) Is my Favorite chick destined for the table, or is there a chance its some kind of cochin or buff brahma??
    Here he/she is ....It runs up to me everytime I put my hand in and will just stand there by my hand till i take it out, of corse none of the others are doing this. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and again with a buttercup chick
    [​IMG]

Here is another of its head
    [​IMG]

We have two others that look somewhat the same I can't get the picture to load on photobucket right now though!

Hopefully someone can say deffinatly so I can move him to the rooster pen if needed. (Trying not to get to attatched to any of them!)

2. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    She's beautiful, looks absolutely nothing like my light brahmas did though. Someone will chime in I'm sure.

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Well - here's a picture of my Light Brahma that I ordered. She's two weeks old in this picture:

[​IMG]

It sure doesn't look like yours ???

4. king2

king2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    GA
    actually it does look like a light brahma. there are really good pics of light brahmas on feathersite if you want to take a look. chirpy are you sure yours is not a buff brahma, that's what it kind of looks like

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Chirpy, yours is a Buff Brahma. Yes that first baby sure does look like the Lt Brahmas I've had. I've had two Lts and one Buff.

6. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

I think I have some brahmas, at least from pictures on the web that's what they look like.

Mostly white with feathered feet, black on the neck, wings, and tail. When they were chicks they were all white/cream with no markings.

[​IMG]

Not the best photo.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I've got two buff brahma's and they look exactly like chirpy's pics.

8. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Wow! I've got a Buff Brahma! That's fine ... I ordered a Light Brahma from Ideal so I assumed that's what they sent me.

I'm glad I know ... hate to give the poor little girl a complex her whole life calling her a 'light' when she's a 'buff'. [​IMG]

Thanks guys.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:YOURS are GORGEOUS! Where did they come from?

10. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Ok, I have to correct myself ... another Senior blond moment here ... I checked my order and it actually says that I ordered a Buff Brahma! Ideal got it right and I got it wrong.

I don't care which it is ... just aiming for her to a SHE!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by