Is this a Light Brahma?? I hope I'm Wrong!

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
When I sorted out my Ornamentals and Heavy Roosters I just assumed that all the ones with feathered feet went with the Ornamentals, When I couldn't figure out what this one was I kept searching through the catalog and saw the pics of the LIght brahma chicks (only included in the Heavy Roosters and not the ornamentals) Is my Favorite chick destined for the table, or is there a chance its some kind of cochin or buff brahma??
Here he/she is ....It runs up to me everytime I put my hand in and will just stand there by my hand till i take it out, of corse none of the others are doing this.
sad.png

MyFFfriend.jpg

and again with a buttercup chick
MyFFfriendandButtercup.jpg

Here is another of its head
brahmacochin-1.jpg

We have two others that look somewhat the same I can't get the picture to load on photobucket right now though!

Hopefully someone can say deffinatly so I can move him to the rooster pen if needed. (Trying not to get to attatched to any of them!)

She's beautiful, looks absolutely nothing like my light brahmas did though. Someone will chime in I'm sure.

Well - here's a picture of my Light Brahma that I ordered. She's two weeks old in this picture:

IMG_2901.jpg

It sure doesn't look like yours ???

actually it does look like a light brahma. there are really good pics of light brahmas on feathersite if you want to take a look. chirpy are you sure yours is not a buff brahma, that's what it kind of looks like

Last edited:
I think I have some brahmas, at least from pictures on the web that's what they look like.

Mostly white with feathered feet, black on the neck, wings, and tail. When they were chicks they were all white/cream with no markings.

crop_DSCN2084.jpg

Not the best photo.

Wow! I've got a Buff Brahma! That's fine ... I ordered a Light Brahma from Ideal so I assumed that's what they sent me.

I'm glad I know ... hate to give the poor little girl a complex her whole life calling her a 'light' when she's a 'buff'.
lol.png

Thanks guys.

Ok, I have to correct myself ... another Senior blond moment here ... I checked my order and it actually says that I ordered a Buff Brahma! Ideal got it right and I got it wrong.

I don't care which it is ... just aiming for her to a SHE!

Back
Top Bottom