Is this a mal positioned pip or the start of unzipping??

Thank you all. Not had any more crack but the egg is wiggling around so all still seems good.

I'm not going to meddle, dont want to if I dont have to as I'd be too nervous to hurt them

What should they be?
Between day 20-21ish maybe a day earlier or a day later but pips should begin within this time frame. I hope they do well.

If you're just using your incubator's thermometer and it is measuring 99.5 degrees then the thermometer is wrong and you will need to calibrate it before attempting another hatch with this incubator.

Ducks take 28 days on average, but chickens only 21 hence the confusion!

I have to sit on my hands on hatching days. Its so hard. Luckily I have hens who go broody so don't need to rely on incubators, plus I've had bad luck with them so prefer the natural way. I'm lucky in that my hens will let me filch about underneath them and check the eggs (far too often, lol)
This is my first anything! I was going to hatch my own chickens but didnt want to put them out in cold when it was time as I was advised they dont

Hang in there. Sometimes nature knows best. Make sure the humidity is high enough so it doesn't dry out and no more shrink wrapping
First one huge and very loud. Second is out and knackered after fighting to join first as quick as possible.
The upside down I had to help is now half out but has some yolk yet to absorb. Thankfully staying put in the egg but I don't think will be too long.
Yolk was huge a little while back n now not much left.
Got a yellow, black, and a silvery one

Lol, I thought you were hatching chicken eggs. Congratulations :thumbsup

OH, by the way, my second chick came out in the morning, all I had was two fertile eggs in my incubator and both hatched. But they both got weird toes, I have been seeing this in my other Bresse hatch. This line has toe issues.

Last edited:
Oh! Lol nevermind my thermometer rant then. I thought you were incubating chicken eggs.

Still, don't rush the hatch and read the guide if you are thinking about assisting if you need to, it's a very valuable resource.
I've just read the guide. I'm wondering, do you think it's worth doing a safety hole for the 3 that haven't ex pipped yet? Or leave be another day or so?

Back
Top Bottom