Is this a male or female? and is it an americauna?

then they're not ameraucanas, they're easter eggers. I bet you still get some lovely eggs from them!
droolin.gif
I agree they do sound like EEs, I got lots of olive and blue eggs from them when I still had mine. :)

To me americuanas and easter eggers are the same thing because they both lay colored eggs and they dont have a certain color for their breed
Actually, "americuana" isn't a real chicken breed. It's a one of the made-up names for an Easter Egger. People use it to make their chicken sound fancier, but it's really just wrong... A misspelling to fool people.

If you're talking about an "ameraucana", then they're not at all the same. They do have certain colors for their breeds.

Last edited:
To me americuanas and easter eggers are the same thing because they both lay colored eggs and they dont have a certain color for their breed

That's kind of like saying that Dobermans and Rottweilers are the same thing because they are both guarding dogs that are black with tan points.

And Ameraucanas DO have certain colors for their breed, and must breed true. That's one of the main differences between the Ameraucana (a breed) and Easter Eggers (a nice name for mutt). It's not an opinion thing, it's a fact.

And this cockerel is an Easter Egger, no matter what anyone else in this thread says. He is not one of the accepted colors for the breed. If he were true Amerauacana, he'd have been sold to you with his color, such as Wheaten Ameraucana or Blue Ameraucana. That's one of the easiest ways to tell if someone is selling actual Ameraucanas or just calling their EEs by that name to get more money for them.

Back
Top Bottom