Is this a male? What is the noise it's making?

I think babes are freaked out by everything... Lol. They are adorable. I thought about quail but, love in Maine, and am afraid the winters may be too cold ... Even with heat. We are up higher, and get a lot of wind in winter/early spring. That wind is often 10 to 15 below. My chickens tolerate it but, not sure quail would do well. Guess I'll have to research more about them anyhow. Best of luck to you. 🐣

I think babes are freaked out by everything... Lol. They are adorable. I thought about quail but, love in Maine, and am afraid the winters may be too cold ... Even with heat. We are up higher, and get a lot of wind in winter/early spring. That wind is often 10 to 15 below. My chickens tolerate it but, not sure quail would do well. Guess I'll have to research more about them anyhow. Best of luck to you. 🐣
They're pretty hardy for such small things. Cover them from wind and you'd be fine!

Hey guys! So I'm newish to quail and I'm trying to sex them. I don't think I have any crowers right now since I've looked up their sounds. But I've had a few birds making this noise. Can someone help me figure out what it is?
They're basically telling you to get lost haha! Maybe a predator has been around and has made them a bit scared of everything, but they're quail so they can be quite the scardey cats anyway. Sometimes can mean that they're a bit annoyed, a dust bath always saves the day!

Good to know 😅 They only do it when I'm around, so I must freak them out.
They'll get used to you, and they will recognise you. Mine know me, and don't care when I step into the pen with them to collect eggs (the pen opens from the top). In fact, they don't have a healthy fear of feet. However, if someone else comes near their pen, they freak out. One Hallowe'en I was wearing a fox kigurumi and they freaked out at the big orange thing coming at them.

Hey guys! So I'm newish to quail and I'm trying to sex them. I don't think I have any crowers right now since I've looked up their sounds. But I've had a few birds making this noise. Can someone help me figure out what it is?
Complainer. That one is fussing about something.

Back
Top Bottom