Is this a normal back chicken toe?

Did a little soak, you see this thing sticking out under the nail? I thought it was mulch or something jammed up in the crevice, but it is definitely attached. I didn’t want to hurt her and yank it out. I’ll try another soak tomorrow. Do you think it could be a kernel of some sort? Like bumble?
Huh, strange. Good photos but I really can't tell what it is. I would've also thought it was a wood chip or splinter.

I probably would've pulled it out (out of curiosity) but I can't say if that's the right course of action.

Soaking won't hurt at all, maybe whatever this is will eventually come loose or detach and then you can tease it apart and get a better look at it.

Huh, strange. Good photos but I really can't tell what it is. I would've also thought it was a wood chip or splinter.

I probably would've pulled it out (out of curiosity) but I can't say if that's the right course of action.

Soaking won't hurt at all, maybe whatever this is will eventually come loose or detach and then you can tease it apart and get a better look at it.
I wasn’t sure what to make of it either. I agree, I will keep soaking and maybe one day it’ll be soft enough to tug on and easily remove.

Back
Top Bottom