Is this a normal poop??

EduardoPT

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2019
Hi everyone,

I've noticed that one of my chickens' poop isn't normal and I would like you guys to have a look and tell me if it's normal or if should I worry. She's looking healthy and eating/drinking well, however, she's about 20/21 weeks old and has not layed yet.

P_20190318_090602.jpg

P_20190318_090557.jpg

Thanks

Attachments

• P_20190318_090557.jpg
    P_20190318_090557.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 2
I have never seen this, and I have had hundreds of chickens. It may be a digestive problem. Do they have access to crushed of granite rock

Hi everyone,

I've noticed that one of my chickens' poop isn't normal and I would like you guys to have a look and tell me if it's normal or if should I worry. She's looking healthy and eating/drinking well, however, she's about 20/21 weeks old and has not layed yet.

View attachment 1706693
View attachment 1706694
Thanks
What do you normally feed?
How long have you had her?

That's a lot of urates, if it's only a one time thing, then I probably wouldn't worry, but if you are seeing that consistently from her, then it would be a good idea to take a sample to your vet for testing.

Not normal to me sorry
Milky urates is not good
There's some red like lining
Fecal is not firm or formed

What she ate ?
What's the temperature you live is it hot ?

To me I will look for worms or done a fecal float

She eats normal grower feed, I'll switch to laying feed once she starts laying (what should have happened already). Where I live the temperature is around 20 degrees Celcius (68 fahrenheit). They free range during the day and eat grass and all kinds of bugs. Also, they always have normal feed available to them. What should I do?

she's about 20/21 weeks old and has not layed yet

She eats normal grower feed, I'll switch to laying feed once she starts laying (what should have happened already). Where I live the temperature is around 20 degrees Celcius (68 fahrenheit). They free range during the day and eat grass and all kinds of bugs. Also, they always have normal feed available to them. What should I do?
What breed is she?
20-21 weeks for a lot of breeds is still pretty young to begin laying. Do you have photos of her?
Is the poop consistently like that or did you see it one time?

Can you collect some samples of poop and have it tested by your vet?

She's a portuguese breed! It's called "Pedrês portuguesa". I don't know if the poop is consistently like that since I'm not home the large majority of the day... However, this morning I open the coop door so they can free range in our litte garden during the day and she pooped like that again... But now without the red lining and much more watery! Look at the image below and tell me what you think please!

P_20190322_083603.jpg

Yesterday night also found the following poop: (don't know if it's from the same hen, but probably is)

P_20190321_203958.jpg

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom