Is this a racoon or a chunky fox? [video]

I just built a brooder box to put in the carport and I finished it the day before that guy showed up!

I added an extra latch on each door that has to go the opposite direction as the other one to open the door. Even I have trouble sometimes lol.

The babies aren’t quite ready to go out yet but he walked through the yard at the PERFECT time.

View attachment 2991136
Nice! Since you know that raccoons are near, you need a bit more fortification. The HWC on front is only secured with a few staples. You need to cover it with wood so it’s fingers cannot get a hold to rip it off. Raccoons are strong, determined and it is said to thing of them as a toddler - they have a level of intelligence and ability to get into things.

Nice! Since you know that raccoons are near, you need a bit more fortification. The HWC on front is only secured with a few staples. You need to cover it with wood so it’s fingers cannot get a hold to rip it off. Raccoons are strong, determined and it is said to thing of them as a toddler - they have a level of intelligence and ability to get into things.
The HC on the front is actually sandwiched between wood on the right and left side and the HC inside is sandwiched on all four sides. I also used heavy duty half inch staples.

I just built a brooder box to put in the carport and I finished it the day before that guy showed up!

I added an extra latch on each door that has to go the opposite direction as the other one to open the door. Even I have trouble sometimes lol.

The babies aren’t quite ready to go out yet but he walked through the yard at the PERFECT time.

View attachment 2991136
Nice job on the brooder box!

Back
Top Bottom