is this a RIR pullet?

charcharbinx

In the Brooder
Feb 23, 2016
Kentucky, USA

the tailfeathers are throwing me off. I have another that doesn't have these upwards tailfeathers. 8 weeks.

It is pale, little to no color. I'm more concerned about breed rather than sex. She was bought in an assorted pullets bin, and I thought RIR for sure but I think her tailfeathers are weird and not like my other RIR.

the tailfeathers are throwing me off. I have another that doesn't have these upwards tailfeathers. 8 weeks.

Yes, you are right, it is a RIR pullet. Also some pullets develop faster than others. My 7 week old BR pullets combs starting pinking up at 5 weeks old. Posted in a thread asking if it was a pullet or rooster and everybody except one person said she was a pullet, and they were right, she turned out to be a pullet indeed. So don't worry if you see a little pink in the comb now, nothing to worry a about. The color that indicates rooster is red. Bright red combs= rooster; Pinkish combs=pullet. HTH:)

It is pale, little to no color. I'm more concerned about breed rather than sex. She was bought in an assorted pullets bin, and I thought RIR for sure but I think her tailfeathers are weird and not like my other RIR.

I have a RIR pullet who's tail feathers look just like hers. I can share a picture of it tomorrow if you'd like! :)

Back
Top Bottom