is this a roo? and what breed?

Looks like a mutt chicken different breeds mixed together and I think it s a roo. Wait to see if it crows or lays an egg.

Welcome to BYC!
Neither breed nor gender can be established without knowing the age of the bird and seeing a full body side shot of the bird. Once we have those, we will be happy to help you. It is also helpful to share where the bird was sourced from (hatchery, retail store or private flock)

Welcome to BYC!
Neither breed nor gender can be established without knowing the age of the bird and seeing a full body side shot of the bird. Once we have those, we will be happy to help you. It is also helpful to share where the bird was sourced from (hatchery, retail store or private flock)

I agree.

Hi. Thanks for the information. Mine are 7 weeks old and I purchased from McMurray as an assortment. I don't think they would be a mutt breed from there.

Hi. Thanks for the information. Mine are 7 weeks old and I purchased from McMurray as an assortment. I don't think they would be a mutt breed from there.

At 7 weeks that's definitely a cockerel, and I agree that it's likely a Welsummer or Brown Leghorn. A full body profile would help in determining his breed for sure.

I just got the chix InThe outside run today. I will be curious to see what you all think. I'm very new at this and like to know if I have Roos. We have no ordinace against them but would like to only have one or two.
263a.png

Back
Top Bottom