Is this a ROOSTER? *PICS*

AnnetteinCA

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 20, 2009
Southern California
Is this a Rooster? This is my 12w EE. I've already had 2 other Rooster in my flock of 5-order of EE females. This mostly white bird is bigger than the rest and is starting to get a red comb and pointy tail feathers. Could it be that she is just slightly more mature with already starting to grow a red comb?

Geeze, I think mypetchicken screwed up my order.

IMG_6871.jpg

IMG_6872.jpg

Last edited:
Looks it . From what i can see those hackle feathers seem pionty. Im far from an exprert though. Ahh the beautiful sound of a crow in the morning...Unbeatable.

That is a rooster for sure the hackles coming in are pointy and it just looks like a roo to me, my ee bantams never got that red in the face even when they started laying.

I wouldn't give up yet, my EE pullet had a couple of long tail feathers that had me really worried when she was young (she is definitely a she, I'm getting green eggs now). She finally lost those things and started looking more girly. However, I don't remember her comb being that red at that age.
hmm.png
I'd wait it out and see if it starts crowing. Really pretty bird, whatever the sex.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one I thought was a hen until she started growing the feathers she is 4 or 5 months old now and is just starting to crow. but there are two more roosters crowing around him.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom