Is this a Runner?

I will try to get a close up picture tomorrow. I do not notice any blue tint though. It's new feathers that are coming in are dark brown in the center with a lighter brown around the edges. I got them from a local feed store. They normally did not carry ducks, but the lady there had ordered them for someone and they did not come to pick them up. So she said they were up for sale, and I bought them. I don't know what hatchery they got them from.

Yeah I really am starting to think that it is not a Runner. I think it is the Campbell. When I look at the two of them together they just don't look like the same kind of bird. The heads are different. Either way it doesn't really matter it is a very nice cute duck, and I am glad I have him/her. I can't wait until I can tell if they are girls or boys. I am hoping for one of each!

silverfox0786, I just got vertigo. whoa.
wink.png

Yep - no blue there! I must have been seeing things, LOL.

I agree with the verdict of a Chocolate Dusky Mallard (i.e. same colouring as a Khaki Campbell).

Edit: I'm not saying she is a Mallard though - it's just a term for the colouring/pattern :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom